TDS page on DSLReports

Review by HarperJG See Profile

• Location: Mount Juliet,Wilson,TN
Good "Fiber connection"
Bad "Download speed drops to 2 to 3 Mbps at nights and weekends"
Overall "Good to have an alternative to Comcast"

I've had TDSTV service for a little over a year. Service was fine, until the upload speed would just go to practically nothing. I would reset the hub, and the problem would be fixed. This went on for about 3 to 4 month, and changing out the hub would fix it. Recently I had an issue with the download speed dropping to around 2 to 3 Mbps on nights and weekends (service was 25Mbps down/10Mbps). I did bring this to TDS' attention, and they did issue me a credit.

Yesterday I got upgraded to new service (Microsoft Media room with OnDemand). OnDemad offerings are ok, but I guess it because it's new. Hopfully there will be more offerings later on. I also got updated to the 50Mbps down/25 Mbps up service. So far, speeds are pretty much consistent with that. True test will be over the weekend to see if the upgrade resolves that issue.

Overall, I have been happy with TDS. When compaired to Comcast, their customer service is significantly better. I'm not sure if TDS outsources their support (like Comcast does), but so far everyone I have talked to could speak English clearly and be understood. It's just nice having someone other than Comcast to choose from, and after experiencing the service I have received from TDS, I would never go back to Comcast.

member for 12.7 years, 292 visits, last login: 1.8 years ago