TDS page on DSLReports

Review by davidc502 See Profile

• Location: Mount Juliet,Wilson,TN
  • Telco party TDS Metrocom
Good "Awesome service! With TDS, I'm getting the bandwidth I pay for, and when I've called, a human answered right away."
Overall "I'm happy with my decision to switch to TDS."

** No data caps** TOS for dsl is 250GB, but from what I understand Fiber does not. Update

No Contracts to speak of.

Advertised monthly price for 50/20mbps is $35, but when you include modem rental, taxes, fees it ends up being around 47.

First, I'll give kudos to the people who did the install. They did a good job, and did it fairly quickly, in a time of 1 and a half hours.

1. TDS got rid of the copper telephone line coming in and replaced it with fiber.
2. TDS installed a media converter box which takes the optical signals and converts them to Ethernet. I didn't order phone service, but the box also takes any old phone lines, inside the home, and converts them to fiber as well.
3. A battery backup was installed in the garage so phone calls can still be made if the power goes out.
5. The Ethernet cable runs from the media converter box, under the house to the room where the Router is. The router has one Gigabit WAN port and 4 Gigabit switch ports.
6. The router is a TDS stamped V1000h. Logging in and configuring it the way I wanted was easy to do. There are enough advanced features to do pretty much what I wanted to do, which was nice.

What about speed? I ordered the 50mbps/20mbps package. Speed tests consistently show me getting 49mbps/20mbps or there abouts.... I'm very happy.

Last Result:
Download Speed: 48738 kbps
Upload Speed: 19643 kbps
Latency: 3 ms
Jitter: 1 ms
2/25/2014 12:59:03 PM

The modem supplied is a V1000h, which is a dual core processor with 64 MB SDRAM, so it's certainly enough power to File share, stream, etc. The modem is easy to get into and configure. I really like that I can backup the configuration in case it has to be re-set.

member for 12.7 years, 696 visits, last login: a few hours ago