Rapid Systems, Inc. page on DSLReports

Review by stonecolddsl See Profile

• Location: Sarasota,Sarasota,FL
  • Telco party Verizon (ex GTE)
Good "Fast reliable service with static ip"
Bad "cheap dsl modem"
Overall "Great ISP to deal with."

I signed up for Rapid Systems 3/768k package which comes with an static ip. This is something that I value the most about it. Never have a problem and the techs are friendly and actually do what they say they are going to do. I have only had to call them once about an latcency issue which was quickly resloved.

The modem they sent was a little cheezy but I already had my own zyxel equipment so I just used that over the equipment provided. No billing issues just fast prompt wonderful service.

Update 4/20/2009:

Still great service still having no problem at all.

Update 6/4/2010:

Still a great company to deal with no issues since last last year. Only issue had to do with Verizon goofing up my dsl circuit, which rapid systems got right on. Great support all the time

Update 12/21/2010

Well back in August 2010, I started having issues with the speed of my connection and it's reliability. They quickly sent out a verizon tech to no resolve multiple times when that did not work they started insisting it was the modem which they keep sending me replacement too and when that did not work they simply said they send me a bad modem and I need another. Well they they kept sending out more and more verizon techs who again could not see anything wrong with my lines to the CO. Finally the problem revealed it self it was a bad piece of equipment at the CO on Rapid Systems end. They apologized for my frustration though I was quite annoyed over the whole ordeal.

Shortly after that I had to leave to work that took me over seas for the next 3+ months.

Rapid systems had my card on file ot charge and had all my contact infomration. Shortly after getting settled in my temporary digs I loose the card that RS uses to pay the bill with I forgot it was that particular card so I call the bank to have a new card reissued. Which the bank did and even got to me in London 3 days later. And I am off ding my work i guess RS went to charge my card and since they had my old number it did not go though. Well you figure they give me a call or a email nope, So it goes 2 months like this and they send a snail mail letter which I did not get since I was still overseas. I just noticed it when the machines I had hooked up to the dsl line were no longer acessable for more the na day and I called RS to find out what going on. They told me they did an Administrative close on my account do to non payment. I was upset after all the years of dealing with them that they would not try to call they had no response . So I paid them for the 2 months and since they were all ready to turn it back on that I said no just leave the account closed. they ask for the modem back I said I not in the states they would have to wait till after thanksgiving to get the modem back. They said no problem but again with out a call or a email they charged me 99 dollars dor there modem litterly on the day that I got back home. Only thing I can say to thatis when I called up to yell at them that they did do as they said and returned the funds when i returned the modem.

This company when from a A rating to an F ranting in a few short months as I found there fumbling of all this to be sickening.

member for 10.8 years, 1907 visits, last login: 23 days ago