DSL EXTREME page on DSLReports

Review by brian See Profile

• Location: Newport Beach,Orange,CA
Good "not at&t, dslx_gm, reliable"
Bad "none"
Overall "great value for your money"

What other options did you consider for broadband
We switched from AT&T DSL but also considered Time Warner Cable's RoadRunner.

What SPEED/package did you order, at what monthly price?
We have the Elite package (6Mbps down / 768Kbps up) at $29.95. Added on is a Supplier Surcharge Recovery Fee of $2.38.

How was the order & install process?
Painless. Although I missed the "Express ISP Change" form during the order process. I think this is because I was ordering from my phone. But, George (dslx_gm) was able to make the required changes for me so I would have as little downtime as possible. On the activation date I was given, my AT&T dsl stopped working, as expected. So I plugged in the modem supplied by DSLX, and setup the PPPoE info I though I had to put in. Turns out the connection is DCHP, which would have been clear to me if I had read the information sent with the modem. Once I got that straightened out, I was up and running. Total downtime was less than 8 hours.

What brand/model was the supplied equipment?
Comtrend 5072

What good or bad experiences most struck you?
More reliable and less expensive service. George's help in the forum is priceless.

3/9/2011 UPDATE: still extremely happy with with DSL Extreme. We lost dial tone last week on the AT&T line that our DSL is on, but the DSL managed to still work intermittently. Haven't had to contact DSLX for anything, so I don't have much to update.

6/9/2011 UPDATE: cancelled my DSL today at the end of my 1 year contract. Although I never had to contact support, I wasn't happy with the decision to outsource the support overseas. We've gone to TWC RoadRunner standard for the same price, but with about twice the bandwidth.

member for 12.4 years, 3990 visits, last login: a few hours ago