DSL EXTREME page on DSLReports

Review by knid See Profile

• Location: Norco,Riverside,CA
Good "Nothing good anymore. Sad, but true."
Bad "Fraudulent billing practices (bills for higher capacity than possible), no response from customer service or billing."
Overall "Don't even bother. These guys used to be the best, but not anymore."

We were very happy initially when we signed up with DSL Extreme in 2004. We contracted for 6Mbps down, and we thought we were getting that. Over the years, we had multiple issues with download speeds, and usually, their tech support was able to get things resolved. That was before they outsourced most of their customer support functions. Now ... we complained about slow speeds last week - we were only getting 224K down, and this was affecting our horse ranch business severely. I called to complain. Results?

1. They broke the circuit. Connectivity was not restored.
2. They promised to rebuild it on another router.
3. Connectivity was still not restored.
4. Dispatch for ATT was arranged (supposedly) for last Friday.
5. Friday came and went. No show. I called back several times, as we had rearranged our schedules to be home for the tech. Finally, dispatch was supposedly reset for Saturday.
6. Saturday came and went. No ATT.
7. Monday - now furious, I call back to find that ATT was only dispatched on Monday morning (yesterday.)
8. ATT shows up. Nothing wrong at our end whatsoever. Problem is with DSL Extreme routers.
9. ATT tech further explains that our local loop was NEVER provisioned for 6Mbps and that the maximum it would ever physically be able to sustain is 3Mbps.
10. DSL Extreme has nonetheless been billing us for 6Mbps service for over 8 years.
11. I call in to cancel our service.
12. I am told I cannot cancel service over the phone.

I requested to speak to a supervisor each of the times that I called in or emailed. No supervisor EVER responded. Thoroughly disgusted, and now a hostage of DSL Extreme until they process the cancellation. Fair warning. Do NOT use these people as an ISP.

It's kind of sad, as they used to be the best really.

Comments: