DSL EXTREME page on DSLReports

• Location: Moreno Valley,Riverside,CA
  • Telco party Verizon
Good "maybe if I had internet"
Bad "No internet after 3.5 months"
Overall "Still no service"

I signed up for service on August 30 for installation on September 2,
2012. I have contacted them repeatedly by email and phone, and I keep
being told my service will be activated. It is now November 20 and I
still have no internet. I keep telling them Verizon has not tagged or
punch down my line at the exterior of the complex, but they keep
saying Verizon has done so. I sent them the pictures showing them the
work Verizon did but I still have no internet and I continue to be
billed. They refuse to cancel my account. My next stop is the BBB and
my bank to dispute the charges.

(review was emailed from domain gmail.com)

Comments:

dslx_nick
join:2011-12-24
Chatsworth, CA

DSL Extreme

I'm very sorry to hear you seem to be having trouble getting service. I've looked through all of the new orders placed 8/30 and have been unable to locate any orders for the Verizon area of Moreno Valley/Riverside on that day, or the immediate surrounding days for that matter; if you could give me any information to locate your order or account, I'd be happy to assist you.

Update: one of my representatives has located an order to move existing service from a previous location to Moreno Valley; I think this may the one you were referring to, although the activation date appears to be 9/12, not 9/2. I shall investigate and contact you shortly (so if you don't hear from me soon, that must mean I have the wrong account; if so, please go ahead and provide some information so I find the right one for you!).

sigh

@csupomona.edu

Re: DSL Extreme

I had a similar problem with DSL & no service. After 5 phone calls, the last one over an hour long, the "tech" & I found a solution, but he kept getting angry because I didn't understand his accent & kept asking him to repeat his statements-not my fault. On another note, I was told I had to CALL to cancel DSL service 3-4 weeks in advance of end-of-contract due to processing timeline. I called 3 weeks before end of contract, but DSL didn't cancel & kept charging my credit card. In midst of trying to fix, they continued to reply, "Yes, you did call to cancel but you have to cancel online". I did online also, but that's not what previous phone clerk said. WONDERFUL customer service. I thought about cancelling credit card but figured DSL would put it on my TRW. What do you do? Finally stopped credit card charges 3 months later, but trying to get money back is exhausting.
TBBroadband

join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH
·MegaPath

BBB

Keep in mind the BBB won't really do anything. DSLX can ignore all of the complains and many businesses do. If they're a "member" of the BBB, they'll make the complaint go away.

You'd be better off going to your bank normally once a return has hit their account, the business will start moving, especially since they would be paying a nice fee of no less than $25 for a returned item.
wirelessdog

join:2008-07-15
Queen Anne, MD

Re: BBB

How are you going to tell someone to dispute a charge once the issue is being addressed? That is between them and DSLX governed by the contract. I agree if the issue is not resolved that may be a course of action but DSLX is working on the issue.
TBBroadband

join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH

Re: BBB

DSLX was not working on the issue until posted here. One could make the case that they had no other intent on addressing the issue until neg "press" was published.
wirelessdog

join:2008-07-15
Queen Anne, MD

Re: BBB

That is an assumption you are making.

dslx_nick
join:2011-12-24
Chatsworth, CA

Re: BBB

Hey guys, easy. Customer's activation date at the new location was 9/12, for dryloop service. She called us late on 9/14 letting us know that she still wasn't seeing sync on the modem. We sent a dispatch to her location confirming sync to the NID on 9/18. We notified the customer of such same day, advising her that she needed to connect her apartment's IW to the NID.

Customer didn't get back to us until 10/30.

Seeing as she still wasn't seeing sync, we called her apartment management on her behalf and asked them to check the the NID to make sure it was correctly tagged by Verizon and to make sure her apartment IW was correctly connected to the NID. We also set up another dispatch for 11/3 and had another field tech re-verify the sync and tag at NID from Verizon's end - again, she needs to make sure the IW from her apartment is connected to the NID, as we notified her same day.

Customer didn't get back to us until 11/20.

Customer sent in photos that she has taken of the NID, and in the photos we can see there are two NIDs. Verizon has (twice now) verified sync to the demarc, which is the first NID accessible off the street. It is now the responsibility of the customer (and her apartment management) to make sure that the IW from her apartment is properly connected to that NID (even if it needs to route through a second NID to reach the primary demarc NID).

So, yes. We have been working with the customer, multiple times, to resolve this issue, well before I got involved here on the board.