DSL EXTREME page on DSLReports

• Location: Sunland,Los Angeles,CA
  • Telco party Verizon
Good "the price initially was very good and the staff seemed very helpful"
Bad "service cuts out many times/day & raise rates if contract not renewed right away"
Overall "I would have recommended them despite contract issues b/4 but not any more"

I have had your services for probably 3 to 4 years. Initially I was
very happy and the price was low and all was well.

In the last few years, the system has crashed repeatedly, your customer
service is poor at best, and I am really disgusted with your billing.

You demand that I allow you to debit my account but when the contracts
expire, I get one email. If I don't catch it, which is fairly likely,
you raise my rate to the highest amount and then keep taking my money.

So I am being ripped off for poor service and now I am being
overcharged. Most companies make some effort to let you know that your
contract is about to expire, but I assume the "one email" covers your
butts legally so you can take advantage of the busy person who failed to recall that the contract was coming up.

WHEN I COMPLAINED ABOUT THIS RECENT ISSUE - YOUR "CUSTOMER SERVICE"
STAFF ADVISED THAT I COULD RESTART MY CONTRACT IF I WANTED TO AT THE
LOWER RATE.

Isn't that great of you? Should not have to go to such lengths to keep
my rate down which is why I chose you over Verizon in the first place.

Guess what, I will find another provider before the end of this month
because your business practices are typical of how some businesses handle their right now, but it does not make it acceptable! You forgot to stop advertising that your customers are important to you and you should take that down.

Robyn Sehy

(review was emailed from domain carlwarren.com)

Comments:

dslx_nick

DSL Extreme

Dear Robyn,

As you have indicated, you have been with us for over three years, and we do appreciate your patronage for that time. As you are aware, our annual contracts do expire after a year, at which time they are automatically converted to month-to-month subscriptions unless you have renewed your annual contract (we do not lock you into a new annual contract automatically). We send out two email notifications of such; in your case, the first notification was sent on 10/2/12, and the second on 10/18/12. We refrain from sending further notifications beyond such, out of consideration for our customers (sending even more notifications might be considered more harassing than helpful).

I do apologize if that is less convenient for you. We would like to keep you as a customer, and again, do appreciate your patronage for the past few years, but as you are not currently under annual contract you are free to try another provider if that is your wish.

Sincerely,
Nick L.
DSL Extreme

rsehy

@rr.com

Re: DSL Extreme

What about the ongoing service issues? I cannot use my laptop for even a short period without it cutting out and it is NOT my phone service?

Re: DSL Extreme

The last trouble ticket you opened with us was back in June '12, so if you are encountering technical difficulties with your connection now then I would recommend calling our tech support at 866-491-7221 so that we may assist you with such.

rsehy

@rr.com

Re: DSL Extreme

I appreciate your responses to my questions. I have called a couple of times since then but was always told it was my Verizon phone service, so I gave up trying to call.

One other question - I would like to cancel my Verizon home phone
service and go to Magic Jack or Voip - I was told initially that you
do not need a phone line to provide DSL service but I do not think
that is correct.

Someone at your company told me that in order to have DSL service with you I would need Verizon's permission to use the
phone lines and I wanted to clarify this before I make any
more changes.

Can you please advise?

Re: DSL Extreme

One needs the phone LINE (the physical cable), but not necessarily the voice service. It depends on how the DSL order is placed.

What you're referring to, DSL without voice signal, is called "dry loop" DSL, which means your DSL would still be carried on the same cables but you wouldn't be paying Verizon for phone service each month. We can do that (you'd need to call in and place an order with a sales rep to change you to dry loop), but bear in mind that you may encounter some downtime during the transition.

It's important that your order with us be placed as a dry loop order specifically. If you just cancel your phone service with Verizon without doing that, then you're going to lose your DSL signal, plain and simple.