CenturyLink page on DSLReports

Review by ArizonaSteve See Profile

• Location: Apache Junction,Pinal,AZ
  • Telco party Qwest
Good "The new fiber network works well with 20mb down, 0.8Mb up."
Bad "No problems really except for their website."
Overall "It's the only option in my area."

It worked really well on the new fiber network at first with consistent 20 mb download speeds and 0.8mb up but it only lasted about a month then it went out over the weekend but was fixed promptly and has been fine since then.

They didn't get the billing right at first and I got a bill of $115 instead of $60 but was fixed when I called them and it seems to be correct now. Their online payment web site isn't secure either, according to both I.E. and Chrome and if I try to contact Support online it won't open the chat box. I set up automatic Bill Pay to take care of it every month and it's been fine.

Update 6/12/2013: Last month I went online to see if I could get a faster upload speed and found that 5mb was available at no extra charge so I signed up for that. They said it would be ready on wednesday the 22nd but I checked on Monday morning the 20th and it was working at the faster speed already without any fuss! The website is still a mess though, a couple of times it took me to a blank white page and once to a page with nothing but an ad for DirecTV with no way to get back but I finally managed to get the speed changed. At least I think it was changed because there doesn't seem to be any way to find out exactly what you signed up for until they do it later but the speed did actually change to 5mb so I guess it went through without any problems although I haven't seen the bill for the new service yet.

member for 10.7 years, 1313 visits, last login: a few hours ago