CenturyLink page on DSLReports

Review by clevere1 See Profile

• Location: Vancouver,Clark,WA
  • Telco party CenturyTel
Good "Still thinking"
Bad "They quote you one price but bill you another"
Overall "I'm not sure yet"

When Centurylink was Qwest, I think I called them once in 10 years. After Centurylink purchased Qwest I've had to call multiple times.

I called first to see if I could get a better rate. After a very nice lady emailed me all the prices I went ahead with a 7 down 5up service. My bill was suppose to be 62.00 a month w/phone service.

First bill was 90.00. I called and they adjusted it
Second bill was right.
Third bill was 90.00. I called and they adjusted it
Forth bill was 90.00.. I called and they adjusted it and told me they were unable to get my account to be the price I was quoted... but they would get as close as they could.

The service is somewhat reliable. Not as much as it was with Qwest. They also implemented a 250gig cap which Qwest did not have.
Since the transition I am noticing my speeds are starting to slow down during peak times... which is bad... I'm going to continue to evaluate them and see if they are worth it or not.

Update - Centurylink bought Qwest a year or so ago. They've raised prices every year (I had to same cost with Qwest for quite awhile), they can't get their billing figured out and it's just to much money for what you get...

member for 12.9 years, 6597 visits, last login: a few hours ago