CenturyLink page on DSLReports

Review by bkwyatt98 See Profile

• Location: Martinsville,Martinsville City,VA
  • Telco party CenturyTel
Good "Two lines always receiving stated speeds"
Bad "no speeds faster than 1.5 mbps"
Overall "Great service some areas need upgrading for faster speeds but a great company overall"

I have had service since January I started with one line then ordered a second had a new drop line put underground and my service has been exactly what I am paying for. 83 dollars a month for two 1.5 mbps lines. Centurylink really needs to run fiber optics to the DSLAM in this area or do something to provide their 10 mbps service. I have had comcast before at another house and even though I dont have cable speeds my service with centurylink has been more consistent.

Update: It is July 18,2012. I was driving home and CenturyLink is running fiber optics for prism TV and other services I plan on signing up for the TV and fastest speed internet when they complete the fiber installation I will post another update with speed tests.

Update: It is December 5, 2012. New DSLAM has been installed Centurylink contractors are in the process are getting everything ready to be turned up. Hoping any day now I will get a call to upgrade my speeds. Heard that a bonded connection will be available. I will post speedtest when fasters speeds finally become available. As far as internet has been since last update speeds are still constant a few days my pings were a little higher than normal but went back down to normal within a day.

Comments:
CenturyLink
VIP
join:2009-03-09
Boise, ID

Centurylink

bkwyatt98,

We are happy to hear that the service is working out good for you. We are continually working to upgrade our service areas to fiber optics when service becomes available we will notify customers in the area or you can always email us at talktous@centurylink.com for an update.

Thanks
Patti
Centurylink Help

FrankAshe

@lanecc.edu

bkwyatt

Obviously a Century Link shill.
bkwyatt98

join:2012-01-05
Martinsville, VA

Re: bkwyatt

No I do get my advertised speeds I am happy with the service I just wish I could get faster speeds.