Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!

CenturyLink page on DSLReports

Review by rstrickland See Profile

• Location: Clinton,Sampson,NC
  • Telco party CenturyTel
Good "Constant Speed!"
Bad "They could casre less about upgrading facilities to support higher speeds."
Overall "Solid Service, & Fair Price."

I can't complain, once all the bridge taps were removed from the pair that serves my house, it worked just as advertised (3000/512). Ping times are 33-56ms, I'm interleaved... but having it switched to Fast Path (It took some hard pushing to get it done). No connection issues, and CTL offers the fastest speed I can get at my house from any provider... faster then the local cable company.

UPDATE: The local cable company is running FTTH, and just completed installing the fiber. Just waiting for it to be lit before I make the switch. I've given CenturyLink ample opportunity to upgrade my neighborhood, and even offered to split the cost of equipment.

UPDATE 2: I've left CenturyLink for good, the fiber has been lit, and is blowing CenturyLink out of the water!

Comments:

linicx
Caveat Emptor
join:2002-12-03
United State
·DIRECTV
·TracFone Wireless

CL would be foolish ...

.. to turn down your offer of thousands of free dollars to upgrade your neighborhood. The problem in upgrading the neighborhood is that it is tied to upgrading the plant first. It includes routers and cards in the office, residential modems, etc. It is not a cheap fix or as easy as it sounds.

I don't know if they have the bandwidth of if CL can isolate and upgrade only one neighborhood as some neighborhoods are intra-connected.
Mac: No windows, No Gates, Apple inside