CenturyLink page on DSLReports

Review by arcoblue See Profile

• Location: Deming,Luna,NM
  • Telco party CenturyTel
Good "Prompt, courteous service, economical, reliable, high quality internet connection"
Overall "Best large ISP I've ever had experience with"

I have had cable internet service from Suddenlink, Comcast, Baja Broadband, and a fiber connection from a telephone coop that provided fiber to the premises.

Centurylink, aside from having fiber to the premises, is hands down the best internet service I have ever had and they are the first time I have ever used DSL. Based on my experience with them i would not hesitate recommending them to anyone who lives near enough to a CO to get a good signal.

DSL advertised speeds are lower, which is what initially attracted me to cable.

But there is the speed that is advertised and then their is the speed that you actually get. With cable that goes up and down like a roller coaster. With DSL it stays reasonably constant and well within the range of what was advertised. Streaming video works reliably even in the evening when everybody else is doing it.

Your mileage may vary but I prefer the apparently slower, but reliable connection i get from DSL over the apparently speedier but spottier and congestion prone internet service I have gotten from a cable connection.

Comments: