CenturyLink page on DSLReports

Review by fancypearl See Profile

• Location: Phoenix,Maricopa,AZ
Good "Internet Basics only 9.95"
Bad "Horrible customer service"
Overall "Lack of accountability, and disservice to its customers on auto billing."

I signed up due to low income. 9.95 for high speed Internet great idea!

Well Talked to them they needed verification, great.. sent it in.. via fax.. cost 5$..

Stated they wanted account number (dsl line number) not my contact number on the form..

5 more dollars later got that done.. called back day later.. They found it said would wave connection fee and first 12 months of modem rental, and that it would be connected by the 6th.. I received my modem on 4th.. 6th came by it never synced up.. I called in to verify everything is ok. They claimed that my order was never started and I needed to send my information in 0.o ... I told them I have the modem they sent me in hand.. after putting me on hold repeatedly, they said they would get this straightened out and call me back.. few days later they called back said its all ready to go person would be out by the 24th or so to connect my line(I don't remember exact dates)... rush deal since they lost my order. Well 18th my new modem shows up (two modems now) .. then 24th person actually shows up this time gets it all hooked up .. Well I get a bill on the 5th or 6th of next month ... saying 30$ is due by the 15th. 0.0.. I called and apparently there unable to wave the connection fee (not having any idea how it could even be done) transferring me a few times same result. Next question well I get my money on the first and third. I would like to change billing dates. They stated they where unable to change my billing date, that all billing dates are done automatically by zip code. .. Well .. so I had to pay an unexpected amount of money in the middle of the month on a limited income. .. I can deal with it now that I know about it, but it is quite a disservice to the customers to not allow the flexibility and options to do so.. It again is also a very big disservice to completely lose a customers order.. also a interesting sign of disorganization, and a lack of accountability far as the extra modem (which I sent back). The modem that was sent is a Centurylink Zyxel C1000Z. Upon attempting to configure services and firewall, The internal web server on the router crashes repeatedly after clicking links. Very poor poor equipment IMO. I ordered and eventually received 1.5mbps Internet service at 9.95 a month, tho every download will only download at 165kbps

BTW $200 to break contract. cost less to stay with them, ..still not sure its worth it to put up with them.. hopefully I won't have to call them back again.

Comments:
CenturyLink
VIP
join:2009-03-09
Boise, ID

We Can Help

Hello fancypearl,

My name is Joey and I'm with CenturyLink. I'm sorry that you've experienced all of this trouble with our CenturyLink Internet Basics program. The program is certainly designed with the consumer in mind as we feel it offers a great value. Our team would be happy to look at your account to see if we can find out why your experience was so difficult. Our email is TalkToUs@CenturyLink.com. Thank you.

Joey H