CenturyLink page on DSLReports

Review by umaralfarooq See Profile

• Location: Bonita Springs,Lee,FL
  • Telco party CenturyTel
Good "Business rates were lower than competition"
Bad "Bait and switch tactics, don't care the least about customer service"
Overall "Avoid this company like the plague"

I signed up for a contract for 36 months at a fairly decent rate. The first bill, they overcharged me by $100, plus had poor service. I called and complained and they agreed to extend the trail period by 30 days and said they will call back with more information. Several days later, I called back because the service was still bad and they said now I owed them $400 and they have tacked on an early termination fee! I said "You guys told me there is an additional 30 days trial period!! The first rep said "No we didn't." Then another rep said "Yes but that was on the condition that we went out there to fix the problem. You didn't call us back." I said "YOU were supposed to call ME back!"

They are now refusing to keep their promise of extending their trial period.

I don't understand how a business can, in all good conscience, charge $400 for 2 months of crappy service.

Do not do business with these scammers. You will regret it. Move on to the next company on the list. They do not care about customer service at all.

Comments:
CenturyLink
VIP
join:2009-03-09
Boise, ID

We Can Help

umaralfarooq,

I'm sorry that you've had such a bad experience with our company. Our team can definitely assist in looking into what happened and seeing what possible resolutions we can offer. Send us your account information and anything that can help us help you. Our email is TalkToUs@CenturyLink.com. Thanks.

Joey H