Time Warner Cable page on DSLReports

Review by war59312 See Profile

• Location: Elgin,Kershaw,SC
Good "Been A Lot More Reliable For The Past Year (Keep It Up)"
Bad "Tech Support Needs Lots Of Work (Level 3 and higher are good)"
Overall "Way Better Than ATT U-Verse Crap"

Update: May 25th , 2012

Well at some point these idiots put a 1Ghz splitter on my line which broke my MoCA adapters.

Replaced with a $20 3Ghz splitter from Radio shack and back in business.

Update: July 6th , 2011

Whoooo free upgrade to extreme and saved another $10 a month.

So now I am paying $30 less than I was a few months ago and now I have two digital cable boxes and Extreme at 30/5.

Supper happy now! But dang their installers are still idiots!

Be sure and read my tips if you are getting Extreme or Wide-band:

»Time Warner Cable Wideband Internet Coming To Columbia, SC

Update: May 7th, 2011

A lot happier now since I got a "free" upgrade to digital cable. In fact I am now paying $20 less per month for an entire year than I have been for the past two years now.

Also, 30/5 is suppose to be here soon. As in: »www.timewarnercable.com/East/lea···eme.html

Almost got it yesterday, tech tried her hardest, but looks like a regional supervisor will have to approve it, that person is out of town for awhile. Will try again in a few weeks probably.

Crazy enough, it will be $10 cheaper than what I am paying now for only 16/2. Can't wait.

Update: Nov. 30th, 2010

OH great here comes even higher price: »www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13585338

OMG I hate TWC so much!!!!!!

Update: Oct. 9th, 2008

Sweet, 2mb/s upload now. And finally got my 5GB of webmail. Took me over fours hours to get this done. Had to deal with Tier 3 and Tier 4 tech support in D.C.

Of course price went up another $5 since June...

Update: June 23th, 2008

No more newsgroups!!! So lame!!! See: »[TWC] Road Runner Newsgroups Discontinued

Now I have to pay even more!! Bastards. Now I really want them dead!!! Oh and guess what? Still stuck at 100MB web mail..

So now over $90 for damn Internet service! Which was less than $60 just two years ago.

Update: May 28th, 2008

5GB E-mail Storage Coming Soon: »www.sc.rr.com/webmail_new.htm

About time!

Update: May 19th, 2008

Just got upgraded to 10/512 for free. Still no official word on 15/1 but all my TWC contacts say by end of August, we shall see if it plays out.

»www.sc.rr.com/turbo.htm

All of my internal TWC employee friends have confirmed this but every one of them, all 22, say that it is still in planning and not near 100% so could be delayed, 3 of them (sys admins and managers) have said that it has already been delayed twice. Probably will be next year is my bet, if at all. And more HD channels soon too I'm told. None of them would give me this new list...

Update: April 16th, 2008

No more Packet Shaping, but News Group is still Capped to Four Connections And 300KB/sec.

However, coming August 2008 supposedly TWC will start offering 15Mb/s / 1Mb/s in Columbia, SC which includes me now.

Once that happens I will give a better rating. So long as the price is decent and they dont start capping again. Oh and supposedly you will get more news group connections and more web mail space by upgrading. We shall see.

Comments: