Time Warner Cable page on DSLReports

Review by suprleg See Profile

• Location: Garden Grove,Orange,CA
Good "Reliable and consistant speeds"
Bad "Tech support is marginal"
Overall "Good value for the price"

I've been using [TWC] RR for about six months and have been very happy with my connection's performance and reliability to date. The package I ordered: 8/512 has consistently lived up to the billing and I've rarely found my connection to be below 7.8/485. I've had no problems with the hardware supplied, a RCA digital cable router or the outside cabling. The install was simple and the tech's friendly, knowledgeable, and fast. Since a static ip is only available with business-class accounts I'm on a dhcp connection with a linksys WRT54GX4 acting as my gateway. My only criticism would be in the area of customer support. Its difficult getting information locally on items such as area upgrades and customer service in general. On the whole I'm very pleased even after 5 years of being a loyal Speakeasy DSL customer, who has A+ tech and customer

support.

Updated 4/07/07
About a month ago we were upgraded to 10/1 at no additional monthly charge, hard to not be happy with the increase at no cost.

Updated 12/07/07
Just wanted to note that as the year draws to a close I continue to be pleased with RoadRunner's reliable service and consistant speeds.

Updated 10/27/08
A quick note: I hadn't checked my up/dwn speeds since we were given a free upgrade last year to 10/1 and was pleasantly surprised that my speeds had increased to 11/1.7! Very nice for the same price.

As of 6/4/'10 I'm still very satisfied with TWC/RR, the speeds have increased to 18/1.8,at no additional cost, with few if any interruptions. As I mentioned in the past, customer service is still lacking, however I believe most services suffer from this problem.

1/31/'12: Quick update, I'm still very happy with TWC/RR. Speeds have steadily increased over my time with them, cost has remained the same, and have had zero technical problems. A+

8/8/'12 Speeds, up have remained consistent, however my download speeds have been markedly slower and vary greatly per speed tests over the last few months....I'm in wait and see mode at the moment.

9/9/'13 We recently moved from Garden Grove, Ca. to Cypress, Ca. and tried to simply "transfer" our current account to the new location...Nightmare..!
I guess TWC is no different than any other company these days. After tens of calls to tech support I've managed to find one or two people that speak English, are in the USA, have any tech savvy,etc...etc.. Things are beginning to resolve themselves, but it's been a battle..we do however, finally have a working phone and internet..yay!!

9/1/'14 One year update: After the initial problems of our move to Cypress were resolved things have settled down once again and we're happy with our service. Last month were saw a speed increase to 14MB/down and 2.5MB/up.

member for 10.4 years, 3312 visits, last login: a few hours ago