Time Warner Cable page on DSLReports

Review by future1 See Profile

• Location: Cincinnati,Hamilton,OH
Good "It has gotten faster over time, partly with tweaking it myself, partly due to increases on their part."
Bad "Technicians are irresponsible, uncaring or your time away from work to meet them and on weekends, often fail to show up."
Overall "Expensive | Better than some but worse than others' speed | Onsite tech support about as poor as it gets."

Update 6/18/2011

Speed has gotten better, people on the phone have gotten better and much much more pleasant rather than rude and hanging up on you. The speed improvement has happened over time plus the fact that Cincinnati Bell Telephone has wired the neighborhood with Fiber Optic line and people have fled TWC in my area where there is fiber optic.

As for "Uptime Service", they go down a lot! Much more than they are willing to admit. Sometimes it is for a short period of time and others for hours. We have a lot of short period outages and this isn't listed as a regular outage. Customer service reps are unable to tell me why.

I do not think $49.95 is a good value for the still slow speed and frequent short outages. My friend is running on Comcast in Florida with extremely fast speeds in his neighborhood and city. He always laughs when we compare our latest speed tests and his is almost unbelievable in comparison. He came to visit me recently and all he did was bitch about how slow our internet here in Cincinnati is compared to where he lives in Florida.

2yrs ago:

Service still remains pitiful. I bought a new modem and thus had to call for them to authorize/recognize it. I had to call them no less than 7 times before I finally found someone to help me. One person actually hung up on me when they didn't seem to know what I was talking about. Also you have to get routed to a corporate person before re-routing to the local office. This often amounted to getting my phone connection dropped which then I had to start all over again. Finally found the seventh call which the corp. person held me on hold while they made the transfer to the local office and then brought me back on.

I've asked about static IP and always receive bogus information or someone who doesn't understand what it is.

I have gone however to DirectTV and have it in mind to move over to satellite when the next issue arises.

Many people I've spoken to over the last couple years here are equally disgusted with the poor level of technical support. Parents recently moved to a condo and had the exact same missed appointments with no follow-up call. This rings the same across the board around these parts.

Comments: