Time Warner Cable page on DSLReports

Review by bn1221 See Profile

• Location: Cortland,Cortland,NY
  • Cost: $2000 per month (36 month contract)
Good "Cheaper and faster than Verizon and Megapath"
Bad "only upgrade in blocks of 3-5 Mbit"
Overall "Best in class"

·TowerStream
I dropped Verizon bonded T1 services and went Time Warner fiber (metroE).

5Mbit duplex circuit. Have never gone down - the glass even works when the power and the cable HFC nodes are out (we have generator in building).

/21 block of IPs works great with my Cisco 1841 router. Wish I could afford the 10mbit each way package.

Update Jun 2012. On 10 meg point to point and 25 meg internet. Still smokes the D3 5*30 mbit connection for reliability and overall responsiveness. Loving it.

Comments:
etaadmin

join:2002-01-17

How much?

I would like to know how much are you spending on this? I work with a few clients that might be interested.

All the clients that I work with all have 'regular' TWC business class.
sphinxguy18
join:2008-01-13

Payment

Are you still paying 2K a month for 5MB down / 5MB up?
bn1221

join:2009-04-29
Cortland, NY

Re: Payment

No, I'm paying a little over 1700 for 25 mbit internet access. The 2K was the lease cost of the buildout, 3mbit PTP and 5mbit IA.

It spanks the cable biz class I have now (I have a sweetheart 2*15 1 static for 97.50 per month).
sphinxguy18
join:2008-01-13

Oh okay.

I have TWCBC for Fiber and DOCSIS (backup) and I have $1,600 (with tax) for 20/20 (13 Static IPs) and $280 for 5 Static IPs and 15/2.

I was going to tell you that you were over paying for the service and to call the rep but I see you have gotten it all squared away already.
bn1221

join:2009-04-29
Cortland, NY
·TowerStream

Re: Payment

My rep is VERY good to me - I have referred a slew of people over to him. D3 Biz is not available - I rather wish it was I might use a 5*30 as a lower cost secondary route to suppliment the 10 mbit point to point - I already use 2*15 cable modem as internet in those offices.