Time Warner Cable page on DSLReports

Review by juilinsandar See Profile

• Location: San Benito,Cameron,TX
Good "Bundle price was too good to pass up and online chat support is top notch"
Bad "confusing presales info and phone support is hit or miss"
Overall "Overall value trumps everything"

I made the switch to Roadrunner cable's triple play bundle because AT&T DirecTV combo became too expensive for me to handle in this economy.

Road Runner Standard w/ Powerboost 7168/512
HD Digital Cable with 1 year free Showtime
Digital Home Phone unlimited Nationwide

I'll be paying $115.50 per month after tax.

SA 8240HDC HD-DVR
SA 2203C Cable Modem VOIP Brand New in Box

Contract installer was friendly and did an excellent job. He ran new line from the pole to the box on the house and then separate lines for the cable box and modem/phone.

So far, I am very satisfied.

---------------

It's about a month later now, and I'm still satisfied with the service overall, but more so with the internet and phone than with the cable tv part. The time warner cable picture quality especially the HD channels is hit or miss from channel to channel and from day to day. DirecTV's pq, in comparison, was consistently good overall for the whole lineup.

I also added turbo boost and the hd/sports tier thus the price increase which includes taxes.

---------------------------
I changed over to the Paquetazo with Turbo. TV and especially internet are rock solid. I'm still using the same modem as before but I traded in the 8240 for an Cisco 8640HDC which has a bigger hard drive and runs better.
---------------------------
I've changed to the Surf n View package with turbo internet(20/2), sports pass & movie pass, and I also started using a TIVo instead of the operator provided DVR.

Internet is as rock solid as ever.

TV is good also. It's just missing The Longhorn Network and The NFL Network.

----------------------------------------

I'm back to using a TWC provided DVR.

The picture quality overall has improved ever since the upgrade to extreme in my area.

The speeds are as rock solid as ever.

The phone service is just as good as ever.

--------------------------------------------

Service is still great even though they are more expensive than they used to be.

Hopefully Comcast won't f*ck it up whenever they take over.

[URL=http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3339574135][IMG]»www.speedtest.net/result/3339574···G][/URL]

member for 14.3 years, 5026 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
join:2000-07-17
San Benito, TX

current speeds

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. - Sir Winston Churchill