Time Warner Cable page on DSLReports

Review by gwilsonBP See Profile

• Location: Buena Park,Orange,CA
Good "fairly reliable"
Bad "very slow and I pay for their fastest connection available for residence in our area"
Overall "I was an Adelphia customer so had no choice when they were bought by TWC - The service is substandard for speed"

I have been with Adelphia/TWC for so many years that I don't remember the order process. I have their top level connection (turbo) available in my area. They may have something better in other markets. I'm not sure but I think the modem is Motorola.

Good experiences - can't think of any except that when the modems fail or require reboot all the time, they are good about letting you exchange for another modem - but what else could they do?

The service is poor (by service I mean the connection), it is slow as can be - under 300kb/sec on download just today.

I do not recommend TWC/Roadrunner but there are no other options except DSL this area (orange county/Los Angeles) We cannot get FIOS or any other much better service because of the way they have it set up so that there are no competing companies available to consumers. That is why the costs are so high and the service is so bad. All these acquisitions just hurt the consumer. Att/T-Mobile merger is going to reduce competition so wireless service will remain poor and expensive.

Comments: