Time Warner Cable page on DSLReports

Review by Trebonious See Profile

• Location: Dallas,Dallas,TX
Good "Still going strong, very little (if any) downtime."
Bad "Modem Fees"
Overall "Left AT&T in 2011 and never looked back."

August 2014 to Present
-----------------------------------------------------------
Still no issues. Speeds are now higher than before pegging 57mb/s down, 5.7mb/s up. Had to call in to get a lower rate. Was paying $95 a month for Ultimate 50. After calling in I was able to get the price dropped to $78 a month which includes modem rental fee.

I still don't notice any drops in speed no matter when checked. Still quite happy with my service. It could be cheaper but everything could be cheaper. I feel I am getting what I am paying for and that's what matters.

June 23rd, 2013 to Mid 2014
-----------------------------------------------------------
Over two full years with Time Warner Cable (still connected to Road Runner services) and couldn't be happier. Recently upgraded to 50/5 service in a roughly 5 minute phone call. Was active before I even got off the phone on the new profile. I'm impressed.

Connection reliability is >99% and still peak at max profile speed even middle of the afternoon.

Extremely happy with the service and as long as TWC continues to provide this level of service without raising prices I'll be sure to be here in 2 more years.

April 5th, 2011 to June 20th 2013
------------------------------------------------------------
Ordered service through Time Warner Cable's for Road Runner with Install dates set to Saturday afternoon and Monday morning. Once the order was completed, it picked Tuesday afternoon. While I understand the necessity of adjusting install dates, I feel that should be reflected on the ordering process. Thankfully they notified me before Monday so I was able to adjust my schedule.

Install techs were great. I had to have a line driven in through the wall which was done with little mess. It is very neat and professionally installed and signals were checked to be within spec at time of install. Speeds immediately pegged full speed of 30/5 mid-afternoon.

As far as reliability goes, the connection is roughly 2000% more reliable compared to my ADSL connection through AT&T which dropped 10-20 times a day. The only real reliability issues that came up were minor outages at 2 am. And typically those only last 10-15 minutes. So not a big deal to me. And in the evenings I can sometimes notice the downstream drop to 25-26 vs the 30. But really, 25-26 gives me no visible issues.

For now my connection is running just as I want it to. As soon as anything changes (for the good or bad) I'll be updating this review.

Comments: