Time Warner Cable page on DSLReports

Review by freakout9903 See Profile

• Location: Gastonia,Gaston,NC
Good "Good Speeds compared to NY, where I moved from."
Bad "Price went up after contract."
Overall "Installed Quick and Professional, 30/5 and low ping. Satisfied"

·NetTalk
I looked online and ordered Time Warner Cable TV HD/DVR with Road Runner Extreme 30/5 Internet from the tech that works with my apartment. I ordered on a Sunday and the tech was here the next morning to do the install, very quick and professional. The only thing I didn't like was that I was forced into a modem/wireless router combo that I didn't need as I had a Cisco wireless N sitting from my NY install. By being forced into the modem/router I had to pay a $40 wireless setup fee. Cable was setup in a flash, tech gave me the log in for the modem/router and setup my WiFi SSID and password. As of right now I am only receiving 15-20/5 speeds not the advertised 30/5. I like the modem/router so far because it has dual wireless-N which is useful and most the features of my Cisco-N . Will do some tweaking and contact support if need be to try to figure it out the speed issue. I live in an apartment complex so I just might be on a saturated node. Otherwise all is well. Satisfied.

Speed issues were resolved and 30/5 speeds were consistent. There were 2 long outages(4-6hrs) in the last 6months or so. Decided to leave TWC for U-Verse since it is now available in my area and a lot cheaper.

Comments: