Time Warner Cable page on DSLReports

Review by bonorum See Profile

• Location: Winston Salem,Forsyth,NC
Good "I have internet service most of the time"
Bad "Oversold node, drops all the time"
Overall "Faster than AT&T, but more expensive"

Changed to ATT Uverse when TWC doubled my TV cable cost in December. Uverse is slightly cheaper on TV, slightly more expensive on Internet, Uverse upload speed better.

I had AT&T DSL at 3Mbps, with the promise of Uverse. Alas, AT&T has quit building out Uverse. It stopped about a half mile away (not that Uverse is wonderful, but it is reasonable). I had to deal with AT&T promising the 3Mbps service for 12 months for $14.95/mo, and then not giving it. It took many phone calls. Finally, after I had decided that 4 iPhones, Vonage, Tivo, Netflix, Wii, and VPN to work would not co-exist on 3Mbps, they started to cough up the credits for the $42.95 they were charging me. TWC responded (online, BTW) with a $39.95 turbo boost offer for 12 months since I didn't have service currently (quit to go to AT&T). So, while using up my credit, the Vonage is alone on AT&T and the other stuff is on TWC. TWC is iffy here, as the neighborhood is movie crazy. I figure to go back to AT&T if TWC ups my charges. Then go back when TWC has a good offer for non-customers. It really amazes me how stupid large corporations can be. BTW, note that TWC financed the NC bill to restrict NC municipalities from providing internet service.

member for 10.3 years, 405 visits, last login: 1.3 years ago