Time Warner Cable page on DSLReports

Review by Pathfinder See Profile

• Location: Mount Vernon,Westchester,NY
Good "it works most of the time"
Bad "tech support is a joke. sales lied to me"
Overall "Not impressed"

Dec 2014

Due to illness I have moved in with relatives. I have FIOS at home and am very satisfied. Here they had Verizon DSL. As I am adding to the usage and we now have 2 Netflix accounts, we decided to go with Time Warner Triple play. The ad said 89.99 so we called to get that. No premium channels and 15/1 internet. No problem. The rep told my daughter that the $89.99 was only for new customers and signed us for $161. I found out that he was misinformed or downright lied to us. I tend to believe the latter as further dealings didn't go well. I called back the next day with the ad in hand and after 15 minutes with billing was told that the first rep was wrong and if I called back they would see her notes and correct the price. I called back to speak with sales and while they saw the billing reps note they could not find that offer. After an hour on the phone we settled on a plan that in total came to $126 and upped the speed. I was not happy but accepted it.

Five minutes later the internet went dead. I have an ARRIS 1762 and a Cisco router. I was told that TW wifi is $5 per month. I called tech support and reached a tech with a bad accent. The first thing I asked him is if my ARRIS was reset. He assured me that everything was the way it had been. I plugged a laptop directly into the ARRIS and got nothing. He then asked if I had another laptop to try. I explained that I don't keep spare laptops in my pocket as a rule and told him that there were 2 wired PCs and a wifi PC along with 2 ROKUs 2 tablets and 2 phones. None worked. He had me reset everything at least 1/2 dozen times. He was quite obviously clueless but I was stuck. after 1 hour and 15 minutes he transferred me to the next tier. That tech took one look at my records, asked me if I intended to use the Cisco or Arris for wifi and when I told him Cisco he reset the Arris to bridge mode and we were done. Total time including resets 6 1/2 minutes.

I would go back to DSL rather than call tech support again. Total idiots at the first tier.

member for 14.8 years, 8357 visits, last login: a few hours ago