Time Warner Cable page on DSLReports

Review by mitchell See Profile

• Location: Darlington,Darlington,SC
Good "Fast! Low Latency, No Drops(so far)"
Bad "No support Locally for setup"
Overall "Ummmm??? Feeling like I'm being played"

I have been on Bellsouth (ATT) DSL for over 12 years. The pushed a upgrade to me from 3.0 to 6.0 and I knew it! The line was not stable and sucked eggs big time. I'm too far for that speed, but the new guy said its within specs. Well I was not happy and they would not take me back to 3.0, so I for the first time in over a decade actually entered a TW office and had Cable installed in my home..They were shocked I didnt have a cable drop from the road on my property!!! But its been soooo nice to have stable IP again and the powerboost is really nice I've seen speeds up to 12MB at times with most average speed at 6-8MB...

I am paying for a bundle (yep I've been bundled) of HDTV.DVR IP and Phone for 89.00/month with no contract!!! That's right no contract...probably because I dropped DirecTV at the same time...I dont know and I still have the direct system on standby just incase...

My modem is a Arris 5204 and I have a Dlink Router after that to provide Wireless and to plug my desktops into for IP access..all have been flawless

UPDATE DEC 31, 2014 ---

I have been feeling like I'm being played for my funds. I don't understand how 3 yrs ago I was paying 108.00 for Phone, DVR Digital tier and standard internet and today 3 yrs later the bill is running near $150.00 a month. AND its going up more Jan 1st !!!! I am about to the end of my string BUT what can a man do? I have two females that HAVE to watch HGTV and FOOD network and I admit I love the Internet. I am going in to try to talk them down some. My ladies may have to take a hit on the TV stuff and stream what they can on the innernets..

Comments:

anon

@reliablehosting.com

MAC address of router identifies brand/model

they can tell the brand/model of your router by looking up the MAC address of the router plugged into their modem, but they cannot see how many computers are running behind your router, as to the front side (world) of the router it just looks like one single MAC address form the router to the modem.

now if you used a switch (dummy router) and each computer plugged into the switch was getting a different IP address then for sure they would be able to tell how many computers you had plugged into the switch and on.