Time Warner Cable page on DSLReports

Review by rcdailey See Profile

• Location: Rialto,San Bernardino,CA
Good "Service has been reliable over the past two years or more"
Bad "Sometimes slow during the mid-evening hours"
Overall "I'm happy with what I have"

I have had this account since 2003, but I am going to comment primarily on what I have today in 2012. There have been many changes over the years, most importantly that Adelphia was taken over by TWC and that there were considerable infrastructure improvements following the takeover.

I currently have Roadrunner standard for my area: 10 Mbps down, 1 Mbps up. I can't complain about performance, and I have old hardware other than the cable modem itself. Earlier this year, I changed my cable TV contract to basic, no additional digital channels and gave up my digital TV box, relying only on my TV's QAM to receive digital signals from now on. This reduced my monthly rate to just under $80.00 for the combination of TV and internet access, plus fees, etc. Internet alone would be $59.00 approximately, I wanted to keep the same download and upload rates because I knew that I would not be happy with less. I am satisfied with the present speeds.

The modem is a CISCO DPC2100R2, which is a DOCSIS 2.0 class modem. My router is an old D-Link DI-604e, which is good for a 100 Mbps ethernet connection to the modem and to my computer. The computer is an old Dell 2350 running XP Home SP3, with 2GB of RAM and a 2.00 GHz Pentium 4 CPU. As I said, I have old equipment, but it is working.

One thing I believe is that any download and upload speeds less than what I have with my account would not be acceptable to most people these days.

Comments: