Time Warner Cable page on DSLReports

Review by XCore See Profile

• Location: Irmo,Richland,SC
Good "Fast sometimes"
Bad "Slower than subscribed to by half most of the time"
Overall "A just-as-fast and more reliable connection would easily switch me"

I'm in the "net" business nearly 20 years now. I've owned a data center, several hosting companies and now an end user support company. I'm acutely aware of overselling of bandwidth and the "up to 'x' speeds" claims. However, I believe you should at least hit the subscribers speed at least sometimes and consistently give them close to that speed. I also don't agree that showing your customer how fast the speed tests are using your own servers as the defining measure is being proactive.

Support with this company is poor at best and they are unwilling to admit to any short comings at all such as having a node so over sold and in need of an upgrade that their clients get far less than what's being paid for.

I suppose hat the only saving grace for me is that my neighbors are dropping TWC at a high rate so eventually my speeds will increase on its own.

Comments:
Fleeced

join:2012-10-06

Call in and have them fix it.

If you aren't hitting 80% of your speeds on a regular basis, there may be something than an oversold node. Oversold nodes have massive slowdowns at peak hours (5-12 or so) but are normal at other "non peak" times. If you're consistently getting slow speeds then it may be something else, bad modem, bad signals, etc.