Time Warner Cable page on DSLReports

Review by rjbasye See Profile

• Location: Dry Ridge,Grant,KY
Good "Reliable, fast."
Bad "Sometimes it slows down in evenings. Wish it was cheaper."
Overall "Not bad but I wish there was more competition for broadband in my area."

·VOIPO
Still have the same Channel lineup as Insight Communications and not the national TWC Channel lineup. No start over and look back only the icon which when you select it it says sorry feature not available on all three of my DVR's. No DVR manager either as of this date. Would love to have more HD channels like TV Land, Oxygen and the full Encore HD suite also. Internet continues to be rock solid though in my area.

Updated 02/19/2014

Well, Nothing much changed in my area except price has increased for the same services I receive. My promo price has expired and I wish I could get internet a cheaper price since i am paying 79.99 for 30/5. Channel lineup currently is the same as it was with insight and I have lost Showtime 2 in HD for some reason it is only in SD since they settled their dispute with CBS. Don't know when that will return to the HD lineup. Reliability has been good since the TWC takeover with a few minor issues with pic freezing that were resolved in a short time. Overall I feel pricing should be cheaper but with little competition from Cincinnati Bell I don't expect that to change anytime soon. They need to offer more HD channels in my area also. Hopefully they will in the next few months when they finally offer the full TWC lineup in the former Insight Communications area.

It's been less than a month since Time Warner dropped the Insight name from their company and service has not changed from when it was Insight Communications. As I understand it, we have been on Time Warner's network since October 2012. They have went to 8 bonded channels download in my area, if you have a Docsis 3.0 modem that is capable of it. Time Warner has also updated the firmware of my Insight modem that they gave me.

Overall, I'm happy with the reliability of the service and speeds I get. I do notice every once in a while speeds degrade in the evenings but that is on a rare occasion. I have heard bad things about Time Warner but in my area things have not degraded from when it was Insight Communications. We'll see if that changes in the coming months and I will update this review if my service changes.

member for 14.3 years, 6571 visits, last login: a few hours ago