Optimum Online page on DSLReports

Review by jaa See Profile

• Location: New Canaan,Fairfield,CT
Good "Unmatched speed, great price, great support"
Overall "Best value anywhere"

·Vonage
These guys are the best. Caps are 10megabits down, and 1megabit up. I've never had speed slowdowns - consistent 9500/950 speeds. They do put some limits on you if you upload huge amounts - does not affect me.

Had the service for over 7 years, no significant problems or downtime.

Update: They raised the caps to 15/2!! No increase in price. I get consistent 13.5/1.8 speeds.

Update: They eliminated "capping" where they used to limit your upload speed to 150kbps if you uploaded a lot.

Update: Still working great!! No issues.

Update May, 2009: Been about 9 years. Not had any problems - consistent speeds, rare outages.

Update November, 2009: Still going strong. Moved to a new address, transfer went fine.

Update September, 2010: 10 years and still rock solid.

Update November, 2011: Speeds are still "advertised" 15/2, but I get consistent 20/2 speeds with Docsis 3 and 5 bonded download channels on base tier.

Update August, 2012: Consistent 20/2 speeds. Service is awesome! Also taking advantage of the wifi hotspots - now I'm never at the limit of my smartphone data plan.

Update March, 2013: Great speeds. Lowered my cell data plan since I am using less and less since I connect to wifi hotspots a lot.

Update August, 2014: 55/25 speeds on upgraded tier ($5/mo extra). Don't "need" the speeds, but very nice now and then when upload pictures or downloading ISOs.

Comments: