Optimum Online page on DSLReports

Review by RustyTheDog See Profile

• Location: Trenton,Mercer,NJ
Good "Speed and Reliability"
Bad "News server."
Overall "Take it for the speed and rock solid connection!"

I've had OOL for three years. It used to be better than anything out there. Well, as of late, the party is over. The News server is almost completely useless and the Mail servers are almost as bad.

It seems that everything started going down hill after the A+ rating in PC Magazine. Is that a coincidence? I doubt it.

It's getting so bad that I stopped hanging up on The VerizonDSL telemarketers. Soon they will make me an offer that I cannot refuse.

EDIT: After trying the competition in my area, I came back to OOL after about three weeks. I have changed their ratings accordingly to reflect the true rating relative to the competition.

EDIT 2/25/05: I'm up to almost 6 years now with OOL. It is still the most reliable connection, and fastest, around my area. I gave up on the Usenet services and now subscribe to a private Usenet provider. I have to give them credit for improving the reliability of the mail servers (they couldn't have made it any worse), but we still have an occasional glitch here and there. To be honest, though, I can't remember when the last glitch was.

EDIT 3/4/11: Still here. Still loving them. Had a few slow downs that they fixed fast for me. Tried Boost once and liked it, but didn't really need the extra speed.

Comments: