Optimum Online page on DSLReports

Review by sporkme See Profile

• Location: Morristown,Morris,NJ
Good "Fast, static IPs, reliable, easy install, excellent value"
Bad "recurring outages every few months with mystery fixes"
Overall "Excellent value compared to FiOS business"

UPDATE:

Have had them in Morristown for a few years now. Speeds have been excellent on the download, always a bit under 5 on the upload. They do have recurring issues with packet loss on the upstream channel that they can't seem to fix. Tech support tries (and importantly does acknowledge seeing the issue remotely), field techs try, but something is amiss. Everything's usually good for 2-3 months then a few days where I fall back to my DSL while I wait for the mystery "fix".

Added Boost+ on 3/10. Getting around 70Mb/s down, 4.5 up. Can't complain about that download.

END UPDATE

I moved to an area where DSL from my company is not available, so my choices were either a T1 (way too much $) or Verizon DSL. I opted for the business package with boost and a /29 of IPs for $75 and $50 install.

It's fast, I get very close to 30/5 day/night. Only one outage during a maintenance period where modem or headend software was upgraded. They were able to fix remotely, but promised a truck roll in 4 hours if that did not work.

Business support is incredible, friendly and very helpful. No hold times yet.

I'm moving again, and will be continuing with this and bringing Bway/Covad ADSL in for redundancy.

Install was totally painless. They take some time since they run a clean drop that's only for the cable modem. I certainly can't complain about that.

Also, compare OOL biz speeds to RR or Comcast. It's shameful.

Comments: