Optimum Online page on DSLReports

Review by broadband412 See Profile

• Location: Brooklyn,Kings,NY
Good "Very fast web browsing"
Bad "Peak time slowdowns"
Overall "If you want faster downloads than DSL can provide, get Optimum Online"

I was rather annoyed with Verizon DSL's slow download speed and decided to try out the Optimum Triple Play. I already have TV so I just added Optimum Online and Optimum Voice. Price for all three is $166 a month for a year which is not bad. I was paying $210 for IO Gold and Verizon Double Play which included freedom essentials and DSL speeds of up to 1Mps down and 384k up so saving about $50 a month for the first year with Optimum Triple Play Upgrade. I ordered Optimum Online standard which comes with speeds of up to 15Mbps down and 2Mbps up billed at $29.95 for the first year. I placed the order on Monday November 28th and got it installed on November 30th. The install went quite smoothly though I was taken aback a bit by the fact that I did not get any manual or getting started guide whatsoever. This lead me to having to call support to set up e mail because I was a bit lost. The installation process was pretty much the tech coming to install the service activate it and leave. He was courteous though. I recieved a Motorola Surfboard SBV5120 VOIP D2 cable modem. What strikes me most about Optimum Online are the downloads not being steady. During peak times around about between 6pm and 11pm, the downloads are on the slower side but not slower than what I was previously used to with Verizon DSL so I'm happy even though download speeds are not as consistant as they were with Verizon DSL. Overall I think Optimum Online is better than Verizon DSL and am happy to have made the switch.

Comments: