Review by dolphins See Profile

• Location: Westville,Gloucester,NJ
  • Cost Contract price not specified. (12 month contract)
Good "Internet speeds are finally what they should be."
Bad "The worst customer support I've ever encountered."
Overall "Only service available on my block."

Was transitioned from @Home,been using Comcast for 5 years now and really can't complain. Virtually problem free since I deleted all comcast software,although my line quality is rarely above 90%(re-transmissions) but, it's still the best product available for my area.

05/16/02 update:

They seem to have got it together, I have had 100% line quality as of late and have yet to have any down time since the transition. It's still the best you can get at this price.

11/25/02

Still no down time and speeds are consistently at the cap 1500/128, I couldn't be happier!

06/20/2003

100% line quality,consistently at new cap 1800/256,No down time in over a year.

01/06/04

Consistently at or above new cap 3000/256, Still no outages since the transition. Some friends of mine have gone with VerizonDSL because they never successfully made the transition. I'm staying with Comcast!

01/14/04

Installed new Motorola SB5100 modem and Linksys BEFSR41 etherfast router and dropped the 2 RCA DCM235 modems. Only took about 30 minutes to setup and be online. Comcast tech did her job flawlessly. Speed 3124/240 with 100% line quality.

08/20/05

Speeds at cap 4000/384 with 100% line quality so I bumped up connection reliability to 5 (best) Can't comment on the others because I haven't spoke to tech support,sales rep,co-ordinator or required any additional services. As for the value, it's still the best for the price but the only way I could give it a 5 is if it were free:)

12/09/05

Not quite up to new cap of 6000/384 since they moved me to a new IP block to make room for new customers. Really high ping times at peak hrs, speed drops to DSL speeds. Waiting for a solution?

07/03/06

Installed new computer, ran Tweak Test and Speed Test from BBR tools and found that my RWIN had been lowered and Windows scaling had been turned off. I guess my Nvidia nForce Network Controller/NIC has changed my settings. Anyway my speed is above the cap now and I have 100% line quality.

4/13/07

Been upgraded to "Performance: 6000 kbps / 768 kbps w/ powerboost" with 100% line quality. No complaints.

10/19/07

Waiting to see if they give me Blast?

01/28/08

Somewhere along the way I have been upgraded to "Performance: 6000 kbps / 1000 kbps w/ powerboost". Verizon FIOS has been implemented in my neighboring town of Woodbury but not here in Westville yet.

11/22/08

Upload speeds have been intermittent lately from fast to slower than 56K. Gonna head over to »Broadband Tweaks forum and run some tests.

11/30/08

Upload and download speeds still not consistent. I did everything I can do now it's up to Comcast.

01/06/09

Been getting some pretty good speeds lately.
Last Result:
Download Speed: 16006 kbps (2000.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 2506 kbps (313.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

Download Speed: 14514 kbps (1814.3 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 2620 kbps (327.5 KB/sec transfer rate)

Waiting on the new upgrades.

6/30/2011

Got a 25% boost in speed earlier this month, Performance tier 20/4 at no extra cost. With some help over at the Broadband Tweaks forum I'm getting speeds above the cap with 100% line quality.

6/8/2013

Upgraded to 50/10 tier. Speeds are consistently above cap.

12/19/2013

Since upgrading to Blast 50/10 speeds have been consistently above cap. Latest speed test from my router's cloud-based servers: 82.37MB/11.22MB
I changed the tech support rating to the lowest rating because of a recent Comcast email server problem. After escalating my complaint they couldn't figure it out. Then they offed to do a remote diagnosis for a fee of $49.00. I thought, "Wait a minute you want me to trust my computer and all my personal information to someone in a foreign country plus you're gonna charge me $49.00?" No thank you! As it turns out the problem was caused by a bug in my antivirus which I promptly fixed. How can Comcast police a third party tech support service in a foreign country which does not have the same laws as the US and assure quality assistance? I'll answer that myself, "They can not!"

member for 13.6 years, 4893 visits, last login: a few hours ago