Review by dnoyeB See Profile

• Location: Southfield,Oakland,MI
Good "Fast"
Bad "Expensive"
Overall "If you have cable TV the combo is worth it."

Pretty much a flawless operation in Detroit these days. I get a new IP about once per month. Speed is quite fast. Ping times are low and stable. I have never had to call them in the 2+ years I have been with them. I moved to a new house in a neighboring city a few months back, and the service is fine here too.

But don't sleep. If they raise the price >$55 I am outta here. If it gets >$50 I'll start eying potential replacements.

$42.95 with cable, $57.95 without, thus I average the cost to $49.95.

The other day my router and modem got hit by lightning. Noticed Comcast did not install ground wire on cable as required by code. Made them do it, but they have not replaced my equipment and I am not happy about that.

I have moved twice since I start with Comcast. I haven't changed service yet. Each new house required me to eventually call Comcast to have a tech come out. Internet works, but things get flaky. Same with digital cable. After the tech visit, the flakiness is gone and the service works very well.

I tried to change to ATT a few times but the speed of service at my home is in the Kb for some reason. ATT won't attempt to remedy it, so I won't use their service. I haven't bothered to check at my new address.

Note: I am not a heavy speed user. I need good ping times, and a consistently reliable connection. This is why I am on their second lowest internet tier. They don't even advertise these tiers...

Comments: