Review by gugarci See Profile

• Location: Lyndhurst,Bergen,NJ
Good "Speed"
Bad "service unreliable during storms, customer service"
Overall "Speed when it works"

Original Review:

Overall I have mixed feeling about Comcast HSI it's great when it's working and you can't complain about the speed. My service has gone down 2 times in the last couple of weeks. Both times it took 4 days before the techs were able to get my service running again. The supervisors and managers will not return your call if you asked to speak to someone in charge. It's like no one on the phone side cares. When I had TV service from Comcast I used to pay $40 per month. When I moved into my new house Comcast told us if was going to take a week to reinstall my services. Direct TV came in the next day. Since we cancelled the TV service I now pay $60 per month. The service was acceptable at $40, but at $60 is no longer acceptable.

Updated 3/23/2013

As of February of this year I finally got rid of Comcast. During the last 2 storms, Irene & Sandy my service has been down while my neighbors with Fios had no service outages.During Irene I was without service for 4 days, during Sandy 2 weeks!!!!! I know these were both devastating storms. But when my next door neighbors have no outages with Fios it was time to move on. Specially since they were charging $60 a month.

I spoke to Comcast while my service was down from Irene and inquired about a better price. I mentioned I was looking into Fios. But a Comcast rep told me that $60 a month was the best price they could give me for my basic internet package.

Goodbye Comcast.