Review by mikeyg5 See Profile

• Location: Central City,Muhlenberg,KY
Good "fast only in early mornings"
Bad "speed drops to crawl (near dial up) 7 days a week"
Overall "can no longer recommend them as isp in my area"

·AT&T Southeast

EDIT: 01-20-2013

As of today, jan 20-2013 i can no longer say anything positive about comcast internet. When i first got their service it was awesome, then apparantly more and more people came on board including voice customers now its so slow its almost comparable to dial up. I keep getting told its a capacity issue but no one knows if and when it will be fixed. Has been confirmed by their own techs the issue is not with my equipment, line, signals etc. Early morning its fast, about 3pm every day till around 3 in the morning its anywhere from 2mb to 1 mb down OR LESS!! with ping times of 150ms and above. Ive ran shaper probes, network diagnostics etc and sent them all to we_can_help at comcast, as well as comcastcares on twitter as well as 12 separate phone calls and the amazing thing is, the last time i called in the said they had NO record of anything being wrong they even said the tech appt was cancelled, that is not true, their tech was at my house around 7pm on the day they say it was cancelled.

Im done. Terminating my service today and as soon as i can get a new isp at my business and get new service installed, im cancelling my comcast biz account as well, BECAUSE my home and biz are connected to the same node!

if you're in my area, I can not recommend comcast as a internet provider. Go with someone else.

member for 12.5 years, 186 visits, last login: 1.7 years ago