Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!

Review by scrummie02 See Profile

• Location: Arlington,Arlington,VA
Good "Service has gone downhill which means at one point it was good"
Bad "Customer Service is bad, techs miss appointments, constant connection problems."
Overall "Well replace with FIOS if it ever get's here."

Been having connection problems for weeks. Modem resets, tech support said it was a high up signal and a tech needed to come out and fix. They never showed up. Still no internet connection because it constantly drops out and when I call customer support I get get apathetic tech support.

Update 4/5/10:

Still having the same problem. It's now getting to the point where my internet is almost unusable. It drops the connection every five to ten minutes. When the techs came out a couple of months ago, they laid a wire across my backyard and across the common area of my neighborhood. It's still there. When I called to inquire about a bury team to come out and bury the cable, they said the technician never scheduled it and that was two months ago!

The problem still persists with my connection and I have a coax cable thrown across my backyard. Nothing has improved.

There seems to be no coordination between the phone support the field technicians. When they do come out and do something I am never notified of their work.

I want to stay with Comcast because I've had them a while but when FIOS gets here and it's on it's way I will be switching providers to someone with a more stable connection. I need a stable connection because I upload and work with big photo files.

Update 4/9/2010

Comcast said there were going to send a bury team out on 4/7 to bury the line. It's now 4/9 and my cable is still laying across my backyard and out of the fence through the common area. Typical...

Update 4/10/10

Comcast said they were going to be out between 11AM and 2PM as per the customer service representative that called me on 4/8. They stood me up again. This is the fourth time I've waited around for a Comcast technician to come out and was stood up. This is completely unacceptable. I'm just going to have to hold out until FIOS get's there. It's in all of the surrounding area so it's thankfully only a matter of time.

If this is how Comcast conducts business I can see why their ratings are so low when it comes to customer service. This is abysmal.

Update 7/22/11

I had an issue in February with a bad line. Comcast came out and reran a cable and everything was fine for a while. I had another issue with a bad line again in the middle of May and it was determined the line was bad again. Comcast laid a cable across my back yard and out my fence into my community's common area. As of right now the cable is still laying there and has not been buried, to boot it's not an outdoor cable but an indoor cable and is the signal is very susceptible to interference. Once again I'm suffering problems with constant connection drops and my internet connection has become pretty unusable. Comcast Business has also switched their support. In the past it used to be great, now it's sub-par with tech reps on the line giving canned responses. They insist it's my router - which it isn't I've tested my router on a connection at work and there is no issues, so I'm going to go out on the limb and say it's the shoddy cabling job outside of my house where the line is exposed to the elements. I scheduled a time for them to be out today and no one showed up - again. This seems to be a pattern with Comcast tech support lately, a pattern I neither have the time nor patience to tolerate. I am dropping my scores for tech support and service for the following reasons:

1. Tech support is no longer helpful on the phone. I used to get straight answers in the past now I get the run around.

2. Constant missed appointments. This latest is just one in a string of appointments they've just absent for altogether.

3. Service used to be reliable, but with the constant line problems my service is intermittent at best. Because of the constant connections issues I have to lower the score.

4. Shoddy workmanship. For the past couple of issues they just threw a cable across my yard and out into my community. I wouldn't care as much if it was just my yard, but now my common area has a 50 foot white cable running across the grass walkway coming from my yard, it's unsightly and has been there for about two months.

Because of these issues I will be dropping Comcast as soon as FIOS is available. Right now they're the only option so I have to grin and bear it.

member for 10.9 years, 3702 visits, last login: a few hours ago