Review by Locutus65 See Profile

• Location: Houston,Harris,TX
Good "Advertise 6 mb/sec and that's usually what I get"
Bad "None so far"
Overall "Great service, a bit pricey"

I went from basic DSL (384 kb/sec) to Comcast cable. I knew it would be faster but I am amazed at how fast. I downloaded a 42.5 meg video file in 1 min. 30 seconds!!! Had to call Tech support first day for assistance in getting my wireless router to accept an IP addy and even though it was outside their scope of support the agent helped me quickly and professionally.

**Update..I've had Comcast for almost a month now and I am still loving it! It has leveled out to 6 meg connection but that is still plenty fast for me. My previous DSL was $39.95 / month for 384 and I'm paying 19.95 / month for 6 months then 44.95 after that for Comcast. I'd say that is a pretty good deal.

***Update..Well, it's been about 9 months now and all is smooth sailing. Of course I am out of my $19.95 promo fee and am now paying $44.95 but it's worth it.

****Update.. Still doing great!!

****Another update. Comcast still gets an A+. Recently my internet went out. I called Comcast and they had someone there the next evening. Discovered that the box on the end of our 3 unit townhome building that had all the cable connectors was crap. They changed out all of the connectors and ran a new drop for my unit. All free of charge to me. Net is back up and working smooth as glass. If they would just drop their price it would be even better.

Update 01/22/10 - Comcast still smokin'!

Update 08/02/10 - Still great! Would be nice if the price would come down a bit though.

Update 11/21/12 - Still pretty good. The cheap modem Comcast has you lease is a bit slow when using multiple computers and things like watching streaming vids etc. Planning on purchasing my own modem soon.

member for 13.4 years, 5190 visits, last login: a few minutes ago