Review by techie301 See Profile

• Location: San Jose,Santa Clara,CA
Good "Can't beat the download speed value"
Bad "Tech support on-site - BAD! Chat support - GREAT! Upstream Loss"
Overall "Good value, great download speeds, even their VoIP"

UPDATE! I now have been with Comcast about two years. I am getting 20M/10M Blast! for only $53/month. The service has been awesome. Even latency issues have been resolved. I now use the Digital Voice add-on and am happy with the "combo" solution.

I've been with Comcast HSI now for about 14 months. I switch from Speakeasy DSL because I really could not pay $125 for 6m/768k vs. $53 for 12m/1.5m! While Speakeasy had very good latency and upstream packet loss was never an issue, the cost is way too great. Comcast has a near perfect 'always on' performance score for my location. However, they just do not want to deal with some of the major issues I have seen with upstream packet loss. For some reason, they just don't get it that ANY packet loss over 'single packets' is just no good for today's VoIP and other sensitive services. I did have to replace my cable model after 14 months. It just started to have major packet loss problems. I started with a Motorola SurfBoard SB5120 and now I have an SB5101. Both were purchased by ME.

Comments: