| Review by DaveUSNret |
member for 11.3 years, 652 visits, last login: 5 days ago
updated 1.7 years ago
- $170 per month
- (12 month contract)
- "Availability, download byte limits are much higher than the average user would ever reach"
- "Inconsistent service, too many downtime periods, service does not even get close to the advertised levels"
- "DSL might be a better option"
|Pre Sales information:|
Value for money:
(ratings below consensus)
Having been a Cox cable subscriber in San Diego, CA for many years I apparently became spoiled by good service. Upon moving to the Chicago area I immediately called Comcast and set up services, expecting the same high quality levels.
1. The installer(s) sent were NOT verbally proficient in the English language.
2. The installers made unauthorized changes to the apartment building's telephone system resulting in the guest telephone at the front door to become inoperative and a repair call to the landlord's tech to repair the system.
3. Over the last 16 months service has been:
a. Inconsistent; occasional high speed spikes are far outweighed by unannounced down periods
b. unreliable; One never knows if a particular day will show good service or connection will slow to less than dialup speed.
c. unprofessional; "technical reps" "customer service" people either do NOT have the authority to make corrections/adjustments or they do not have the willingness.
4. Comcast's "You should be thankful that we are here" corporate attitude is not going to serve them well in the current fiscal environment. With disposable incomes going down and unemployment rates going up, quality and value of service paid for are going to be very important to subscribers.
Would I be willing as a "technically competent person" to recommend Comcast as a Service Provider? At this time, with Comcast's service history.... most definitely NOT.