Review by Angrychair See Profile

• Location: Jacksonville,Duval,FL
Good "Fastest available in my area, the order to live time was extremely quick"
Bad "Service went out 3 times in the first month I had it, seems to be smooth for the last few weeks."
Overall "Even in spite of the early outages it's kicking at&t southeast's butt all over the block."

Ordered near the beginning of December of 08 on a friday, it was installed for me Saturday morning.

Speeds are very good (full 6mbps) compared to what I was getting on at&t southeast (3mbps usually topped out at about 1.2).

The tech support has also been satisfactory, phones are answered extremely fast compared to at&t southeast (usually within 2 minutes once you've navigated the short phone-prompt tree) and techs were out to fix the issues within a day (at&t southeast was MUCH slower to answer their phones, and generally refused to deviate from their script. Also with comcast I've usually gotten an American on the line, I can't say the same for at&t southeast)

After ~8 years of dsl service it would take something as compelling as fiber to the home to get me to bother going back to at&t.

Update 01-08-2010:

Moved in the interim since my last review but I still have comcast cable. The connection hasn't had any problems since I moved, and the speed was upgraded to full time 12mbps download since my last review.

It's not Fios, but compared to at&t southeast it's leaps and bounds ahead of what little competition exists here.

Update 05-23-2013

Updated to "Blast" tier in 2012, speeds have been good and fairly consistent at ~24Mbit/down 5Mbit/up (Steam downloads consistently max the connection out)

In late March/Early April the Blast tier was bumped up to 50/10 and speeds are still consistently good.

I'd rather have Google fiber if Google weren't so damned stingy with their deployment, but Comcast will do for now.

member for 13.8 years, 2849 visits, last login: 139 days ago