Review by Master Wolfe See Profile

• Location: Panama City Beach,Bay,FL
Good "You do get quite a bit for your money"
Bad "Customer service is spotty"
Overall "Ehhh... I'd think long and hard before going back"

Update: Wow, because the woman did not close my account properly, I got another bill claiming money was still owed. I emailed the rep who was supposed to be resolving this issue, and she (hopefully!) finally got it closed and cleared. I'm extremely disappointed with my last couple of months experience with Comcast customer service. Up until this period, I had no real problems, but sadly, the phrase "what have you done for me lately" comes to mind.

=================================================

Some frustrations lately with customer service and the discovery that my 1 year price was about to expire finally pushed me away. The disconnect between online reps and local reps can be EXTREMELY frustrating. And when I replaced my rented modem, I had some issues with the first device I bought. The lady whom I was speaking to on the phone was going on GOOGLE to try and figure out how to help me! The woman didn't have a clue, I don't know if I got shunted to the wrong department in the queue or what, but that was unbelievable.

And after taking my equipment to the local office and (fortunately) getting a receipt, I was still getting emails and phone calls forwarded from my Comcast number and email. After a week and a half, I called, and the lady to whom I spoke says their record shows I didn't return my EMTA. Grrrrr! She was kind enough to allow me to email her a scanned copy of my receipt, and hopefully that resolved the issue. She didn't reply to my request for an update yet, so we'll see.

Bottom line is, services are good, but expensive. Customer service reps are very much a toss of the dice, and the difference between what an online rep tells you and what your local office can/will do is very frustrating at times. And if you return equipment, GET A RECEIPT and hold onto it.

member for 5.4 years, 2641 visits, last login: a few hours ago