Review by KittyMom See Profile

• Location: Pittsburgh,Allegheny,PA
Good "No service issues"
Bad "High Price"
Overall "The service is good but I am always in the market for a lower price"

We started with TCI Cable and evolved to ATT and finally Comcast for cable TV. Their channel selection and picture quality is okay; nothing to rave about.

We had Comcast Digital phone service and experienced no problems with it, but about a year and a half ago was informed that Comcast was discontinuing their old Digital service and insisting customers either switch to Comcast Digital Voice or find another provider - kind of high handed attitude. We now have the CDV and so far no issues.

Also, have Comcast HSI as part of the bundle (top tier) and I'm satisfied with the quality but feel the prices are way too high, which detracts from my overall opinion of Comcast.

Any time I've called the local number to troubleshoot an issue, I have found the reps to be professional and knowledgeable, so I would give Comcast high marks there.

One big negative is when I signed up for the bundle, I was told my monthly cost was good for two years, but at the end of one year, the price increased. So I went from $199 plus taxes, etc. to $245 and that's after the so called $20 loyalty discount.

So, I'll be very interested in reading the reviews on Verizon FIOS

4/9/11 - just received one of those friendly nudges from the site reminding me to update my review. So, I thought I'd share my latest Java Speed Test results: 110 kbps down 5094 kbps up. Keep in mind I'm paying for 2000 kbps down 16000 kbps up.

2/19/12 - latest Java Speed Test results: 19288 Kbps down 5018 Kbps up but results vary widely depending on the test site you use.

9/21/13 - I recently called Comcast to ask how I could reduce cost as my monthly triple play had climbed from $199 to $245 to $266 to $281. The rep I spoke with was very helpful, agreed I was paying too much and was able to repackage my bundle down to $180.

My most recent speed test = »www.speedtest.net/my-result/2983136525

4/17/14 - just received an email from Comcast that states -" We increased the speed of your Blast Internet service! You now have download speeds up to 105 Mbps and upload speeds up to 10 Mbps." So, I thought I'd power cycle and test it. Here are the results.

»www.speedtest.net/my-result/3445753555