Review by sportsfan54 See Profile

• Location: Laurel,Jones,MS
Good "Speed,Reliability"
Bad "Tech Support"
Overall "Good value for the money"

I dropped AT&T DSL for Comcast cable for the costs.I've had it about 3 weeks and there are no complaints so far. I have the Performance package which is 8000/2000 with Boost. The installer showed up about 2 hours late so I got a $20.00 credit for that. It took him a couple of hours to get everything up and running because I didn't want any Comcast software installed and he had to call in to get out of the walled garden and get the Username and Password to register. I have the RCA 356 modem. When I first ran a speed test, it showed that I was getting about 1500 kbps down and 2600 kbps up. I had to use DRTCP to increase my RWIN from using DSL to cable. Now from the Comcast Speed test I see speeds of 27,000/2700. I'm satisfied so far with Comcast cable and telephone service.

Update 5/16/2012

I have the Triple Play bundle with Internet, Cable, and Phone. I upgraded to Blast service in January and received an Arris 582 modem with DOCSIS 3 capabilities. Speed tests show 35000/5000 connection. Phone service has been very good.

Update 8/31/2013

I had to adjust my ratings some. When I was supposedly upgraded to the Blast speed tier, I did not get the firmware to upgrade. After calling Tech support 4 times and 3 truck rolls with 2 more when they didn't even show up or call,with everyone of them saying I had the right firmware and me saying I didn't. The right firmware just shows up 1 morning about a month after all this and everything's fine.So, I lowered my Tech Support rating because of this.

member for 13.4 years, 6576 visits, last login: a few hours ago