Review by Contents See Profile

• Location: Circle Pines,Anoka,MN
Good "Connection speeds have always been constant and within advertised speeds."
Bad "Connection can be intermittant at prime times. Phone support is slow at reporting area outages and often unaware of them."
Overall "Comcast has been good to me for the most part. I have been with them since they took over AT&T within the area."

Tech support came out a few weeks ago to review my intermittent connection issues. I was very surprised at the great service for once. He gave me a card with his cell phone number if there were any future issues, and if he wasn't available I could call his supervisor. The issue was resolved across the street with some equipment problems.

Paying for the Ultra! 22 mbps plan. Current speeds are 60 down and 7 up using speedtest.net.

Update 9/22/2011: Still have the Ultra! 22 mbps plan (grandfathered), upload speeds are around 30 Mbps down and 6 Mbps up. Price has gone from my original review of $67 per month to $85.45.

Update 8/2/2012: I switched from Residential Ultra! service to the Business Class "Premium" tier. The move was horrible in terms of billing. They did not close my residential service after the Business class was installed (even after calling twice). This resulted in my payments being applied to my Residential (should be closed) service and not to the Business class. Then since payments were not being applied to the new service, late payments charges were added along with calls from Comcast on how I was delinquent. They also insist that I return the old equipment even thought the technician took it during the installation. More than a month of calling Comcast, and a few hours on the phone and they applied $300 credit to my account, and transferred the accumulating balance from the Residential service to my Business class.

All in all, it was a complete nightmare. Word of caution if you make the move from Residential to Business Class: MAKE SURE THEY CLOSE YOUR RESIDENTIAL ACCOUNT DOWN. It is like either of the departments do not communicate with each other.

Comments: