Review by owlyn See Profile

• Location: Newtown,Bucks,PA
Good "Speed, price/value"
Bad "Tech Support could be better"
Overall "Generally pretty good"

UPDATE

After a couple of years, my price has crept up, but my speed has increased, and some channels and services have been added, so it's pretty much a wash. My speed is now at 105/10 (Blast!). Tech support is worse now that when I signed up. If I didn't make a contact by happenstance at the national tech support center, or contact Comcast Direct here, I'd be stuck with a few issues. I don't know how the average person can get something outside of normal problems fixed.

Still, I am happy overall, and have no plans on switching to FIOS.

END OF UPDATE

I've only had the service a few days, but so far, it's been comtastic. I'll write more after some more experience. Loving it so far. I can stream Blueray off the net with no problems at all. VPN to work is almost like lightning.

I dropped Verizon because of horrible tech support. I had DSL and was considering FIOS, but the wretched tech support turned me off. I started with the 10/2 speed triple play package with 2 DVRs and 1 DTA, HBO, SHO, and STARZ. 140/month including everything. Comcast has since increased my speed to 20/4 at no charge. My STARZ and SHO promos have ended, and my cost is still the same. Order and install was a snap, though the installer should have used a double wall jack for the phone instead of a plug in splitter. I found out after the fact. Not the end of the world. An Arris Cable Modem was supplied. The backup battery is Lithium Ion, so the whole unit is very small, about the size of a hardcover book. The backup battery for the phone should last 8 hours. I have the modem, and all my other equipment plugged into a UPS, so I should be able to get more time out of the phone if need be. Turns out that the original modem was bad- it did not recognize the battery. Tech came out, and gave me a new modem with battery. So, I now have two 8 hour batteries. Of course, who uses a landline phone these days anyway...

member for 10.3 years, 4371 visits, last login: a few hours ago