Review by ArrayList See Profile

• Location: Evanston,Cook,IL
Good "reliable"
Bad "expensive, do not get speeds advertised"

·RCN CABLE
I signed up for the 105 blast plus promo for $60/month for 12 months, but I've never received the speeds that were advertised. They claim that the offer never existed. I would make a bigger deal about it, but I am moving in a few weeks and will be cancelling my service at that time. The 250gb data cap is suspended for the time being and I am using my service to the fullest of it's potential while I can.

If there is anything Comcast needs to work on it would be their marketing sucks. They advertised one thing and I never got it. I got some other package and they refuse to let me have the package I signed up for at the price advertised.

member for 9.7 years, 2400 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:
JohnShade

Extreme 105

One of the issues that I have seen is that customers are not educated about the hardware requirements to actually get 105 reliably. hardwired only-Cat 6 ethernet (not Cat 5) and a gigabyte ethernet card. Most on-board ethernet cards are 10/100's

ArrayList
netbus developer
join:2005-03-19
Brighton, MA
·RCN CABLE

Re: Extreme 105

No, I can get 105 easily over wireless with my access point(RT-N66U). The only thing holding me back is Comcast.

here is a speed test.
»www.speedtest.net/result/3666492067.png

my signal levels are fine also.

and no, most on-board Ethernet cards are not 10/100. Gigabit has been the standard in personal computers for the last 3+ years.
A sane approach to our federal budget: Ignore the tea party

Re: Extreme 105

Log in over at the Comcast Direct Forum. The people there are Comcast Corporate Engineering/Technical, look up Netdog

ArrayList
netbus developer
join:2005-03-19
Brighton, MA

Re: Extreme 105

Like I said, I'm moving very soon. Not going to bother with it.
A sane approach to our federal budget: Ignore the tea party
T4K

join:2002-03-13
Fort Lauderdale, FL
You forgot to note CAT 5e delivers Gigabit speeds also.

Pearland, TX

Thanks for the feed back. I'm fairly old school and haven't dealt with high speed networking for awhile.