Review by gregamy See Profile

• Location: Middletown,Middlesex,CT
Good "Much faster Internet service than available competitors; install was excellent."
Bad "More expensie than other options, but you get what you pay for..."
Overall "Best option for me for higher-speed access"

Moved to Comcast from AT&T DSL. As you can read from my other reviews I was extremely happy with AT&Ts support and service, however they could not offer to me speeds higher than ~1.8Mbit. Since I started doing work from home I needed more speed, so I moved to Comcast.

Installation was really really good. My house already had a small coax going underground for about 150-200 feet from the street, but given the distance they had to install a thicker coax; I have NO CLUE how the installation team managed it, but they pulled that coax through the PVC in the ground without digging. Amazing.

Initial startup price was pretty good; in fact, though I had initially planned on dropping my home service the bundle with Internet cost no more. Of course, a year later prices have risen and I am again considering dropping voice (both my wife and I have cellphones). 6/1 service has been consistently good over this period, with no noticed outages, recently upgraded to 8/2. No DOCSIS 3 availability yet.

Overall, a happy customer. Wish it was cheaper, but them's the breaks...

Comments: