Review by darthfadar See Profile

• Location: Mcminnville,Yamhill,OR
Good "Rock solid connection"
Bad "Rate is tied to basic cable TV, didn't get speeds advertised"
Overall "Rate went to $75 a month"

·Frontier Communi..
After living in SoCal & using ATT DSL, moved north to Oregon. DSL choices appear to be limited here, with the main DSL provider being local with a high monthly charge for moderate speed DSL.

I check out Comcast speeds & rates online. I found that all the offerings were through 3rd party vendors. I found nothing offered from Comcast directly. I went to the Comcast office & found that they had a different set of packages they could offer, compared to what is online. I'm not sure why there are different packages. Still, I got an acceptable package & a great speed. If the rate does jump in the future, I would consider locking in a rate with the local DSL company.

Comcast installer showed up on time & completed setup to my purchased cable modem. He would not set up the wireless router I had. No problem, router was an easy set up.

Rate goes up to $45 after 6 months. One small downside, I tried to return the standard cable box, as I had satellite TV installed. The customer service rep said if I turned in the box, the rate would just to $70 a month. Doesn't make much sense, but that's big business mentality.

June 2013, the rate has hit $75 a month. I haven't been getting the speeds Comcast claimed I should get. I've cancelled & Went to Frontier FIOS at half the price & higher speed.

member for 13.4 years, 2105 visits, last login: 311 days ago