Review by mcbigham See Profile

• Location: Shreveport,Caddo,LA
Good "Steady, fast Downloads at my new location."
Bad "I still had billing problems but they have since been resolved"
Overall "Customer service seems to be getting better."

Update 3-29-2013:

They must be doing more work in my area. If you read my past reviews you will see that I have not been very kind to Comcast but who could complain about this.

»www.speedtest.net/result/2607814530.png

Update 03-14-2013:

Although I never had my problems resolved at my previous location I have since bought a home and moved from the apartment. The speeds I get here are well over what is advertised. I have been here about six months at the new location and have had 2 outages that I am aware of and they didn't last but a couple hours at the most. I had a minor problem with billing, I was promised one price for the internet and phone and was charged about $40 more than I was told. I must say that this was quickly taken care of and I have not had any problems since that time. I figured that since I gave them such a bad review at first I should be fair and let everybody know when the service is good. Speeds are 25.22 Mbps up and 3.58 Mbps up and for the most part the internet is pretty stable here and are always that good. At this point I would say I a happy customer.

I had the worst experience in the past with Comcast that I have ever had with any provider of any kind so it has been hard for me to warm up to them but I am trying. I still thinks it depends on your location on what type of service you will have but I am happy with Comcast at this point.

I only have Internet and phone service and both have been great for the past 6 months at my new location.

»www.speedtest.net/result/2573590378.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------

Reviews below are from my previous location when I lived at Riverwalk Apartments In Shrevport.

I had my Cable installed on 10-29-2011 and got the bundle, TV, internet and phone. Install took about 4 hours because the modem wouldn't sync and now I know why. Both TV's constantly freeze and tell me that I am not authorized for this service about twice a day. Telephone doesn't work most of the time and the internet is in and out. Mostly out. I had my install scheduled for the day I moved to Shreveport LA. It was on Saturday October 29th and Comcast gladly set me up for an install on that day. The 2 boxes that they gave me were about 10 years old and the one for my HDTV only a had DVI output or RCA hookup no HDMI so I had to take it back and get one with a modern HDMI output that would work with my TV. The time waiting in the Comcast office is about 30-45 minutes on a good day. The 2nd box wouldn't pick up most of the channels so another trip to the Comcast office was made since I have nothing better to do with my time and they would charge me to have it delivered. I have called several times about the cable freezing and the internet and phone not working. Now they tell me on Wednesday Dec. 7th my connection is bad and is way out of spec they will call me back with an appointment. I called them back after 3 days with no call back and found that I have an appointment set up for Friday Dec. 16th between 2 and 5 which is 9 days after I called. I had repeatedly told the rep that I could not be home until after 4pm and if that didn't work I could be home all day Saturday or Sunday. Saturday was not a problem for an install but seems to be a problem for a repair for service that never worked from day 1. Why did I get Comcast? Because it is the only provider in this area. It seems that no one at Comcast cares as long as you are paying your bill on time. I have paid $299.48 since October 28th with installation and everything and have barely got to use the service I am paying for. I had less problems with my internet when I had Hughes-net and I thought it couldn't get any worse. Well I have found out that it can. Thanks Comcast for proving me wrong.

As far is the TV goes, Comcast has a commercial blasting Dish providers for bad reception. I have had more screen freezing and pixelation in 1 month with Comcast than I did in 15 years with DirecTV. Unfortunately my apartment is facing the wrong direction for me to get DirecTV.

EDIT 1:

I was promised a call back from the local supervisor. Instead I got an automated call back and an 11 hour window for tomorrow.

Your appointment is scheduled for:

Date Day Time

12/13/2011 Tuesday 8:00AM - 7:00PM

EDIT 2: Tech call me this morning at 11:06 and said he would be here @ 4:15pm. I called customer support to verify he was coming since it is now 6pm. I have been told that the tech tried to call me 3 times and there was no answer. No missed calls on my phone that I carry on my hip all day long. The saga continues.

EDIT 3: I contacted @comcastcares on twitter and I have received a call from a supervisor scheduling me for an appointment Saturday December 17th between 5 and 7pm. I am at least able to connect to the internet about 50% of the time and have posted my speed test below. If they happen to show up Saturday it will be a 10 day turnaround for an out of service call. I sure am glad Comcast isn't in the ambulance business.

»www.speedtest.net/result/1651094270.png

EDIT 4: I had received a call from Al in customer care Friday December 16th who had been following up with me on my trouble. He had informed me that my appointment for Saturday had been cancelled and supposedly I told someone that everything was working fine which was untrue. Al and his Supervisor Matt worked with me and was able to get my appointment Rescheduled for today Saturday December 17th. The tech came out and and found that a splitter outside was corroded and had water in it. Tech seemed very knowledgeable and was friendly. He checked all my TV's and internet speed and made sure I was okay with it before he left. So far since the repair everything seems to be working okay.

I am thankful that I got Al in customer care when I called and thankful that he cared enough to keep checking back with me until everything was repaired. If he wouldn't have called me yesterday evening I would have had another cancelled appointment and nothing working. I was thankful that Al and his supervisor Matt was on my side and really cared about helping with the problem I was having.

At this point I think I will be happy with Comcast if everything continues to work like it has since the repair.

But on the other hand there is no excuse EVER for a customer to have to wait 10 days for a repair when the service provided is unusable.

EDIT 5: Internet and phone down again today 1 day after repair and TV freezing. Another appointment scheduled for December 21st. I am ready to just give up.

EDIT 6: Dec. 29th 2011. Everything down again yesterday, they found nothing on December 21st and they tech gave me his cell phone number and told me to call him when it happened again. To bad he doesn't answer when I call but what I expected. Another appointment is scheduled for January the 9th, maybe they can do something besides check the same splitter outside my apartment this time. I have read some good reviews about Comcast and hope maybe one day I can post one of those good reviews, but for now they still rate at the worst I have ever had. Can you please just get my service working Comcast??? I found an email address to the CEO but that email got me nowhere I have got no response from him.

EDIT 7: 01-06-2012 I am still having problems with all my services. Here is the latest test from dslreports ---> »/pingtest/34a7···/2864011 I don't understand why this can't be fixed?

EDIT 8: 01-07-2012 Internet and phone down again most of the day yesterday. I called customer support and was promised a call back from the local supervisor which has not happened. Today I am filing a formal complaint with LPSC. The lack of Comcast costumer care showing any effort on their part to resolve this issue is truly amazing.

Speed Test 01-07-2012 10:20 am »www.speedtest.net/result/1692457390.png

EDIT 9: Tech came today for repair, Tech spent about 2 hours and replaced everything and ran several tests. I really felt confident that this tech was here to resolve my issue. Tech seemed very knowledgeable and was thorough in his trouble shooting and he also went over everything that he had done. My problem has been intermittent since I had my service installed so I am not ready to say that its fixed but my test results are looking better than they ever had at this point.

»www.pingtest.net/result/54165524.png

»www.speedtest.net/result/1696735568.png

I will follow up in a couple days with results.

EDIT 10: 01-15-2012 Service out again, I was able to connect to the internet long enough to edit this review and upload this video of my scrambled TV picture. I have requested to cancel my service if they can't get it fixed on the next service call scheduled for 01-20-2011.

This is Comcast digital Cable --->

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdnpyD68Nhk

EDIT 11: 01-18-2012 Tech came out this evening, TV works now but now my internet is back down ---> »www.speedtest.net/result/1716032443.png

I guess with Xfinity you are only allowed to have 1 working service at a time. I called the local supervisor and they are sending another tech out tonight. This is absolutely unbelievable. If this wasn't happening to me I would think it was BS. No way could a company be this bad. Unfortunately it is me that it is happening to and unfortunately for me it is real. But on the bright side of things; if you have Comcast you will not have to worry about SOPA affecting you since you will barely be able to access the internet anyway.

Since online gaming is impossible with Comcast I have pulled out my old Playstation and Atari 2600 and started playing them again, I have also started reading books again since the TV is a hit and miss. Thanks Comcast for bringing me back to the past.

EDIT 12: Another tech did show up tonight and it is the same one I gave rave reviews from in EDIT 9. My problem is not resolved at this point but he spoke with his supervisor and they have a plain to monitor and find the problem. I have nothing bad to say about this tech, he is very professional and explains in detail every step he is taking to resolve this issue. I have the local supervisors name and number so I don't have to call tech support and wait 2 weeks between visits. I think the complaint that I filed with LPSC got the ball rolling but it should never have to come to that. Hopefully soon my last edit will be that everything is working great, but we are far from it at this point. --> »www.speedtest.net/result/1716229152.png

Edit 13: I finally got the above issue resolved; I moved to another apartment and decided to let the next person worry about it. Unfortunately I am now having problems with the on demand service at my new apartment. I am getting ERR 365895 and after several calls they keep wanting to send a tech out. Tech called and said it is a system error and I will need to call in; called them back and they are sending another tech. I am hoping someday that Comcast updates the scripts they read to the customers to actually address the problem the customer calls about and not give the generic "My apologies for the inconvenience that has caused you, Mark" I have heard that from day one with Comcast and laugh every time I hear it now. How many refresh signals can be sent before you troubleshoot further? Even when they give you a ticket number and call back they still do the same troubleshooting reading from the same exact script. I found a few posts on my trouble and shared it with them, that confused them and they had to start the script back from the beginning.

Comments: